Supports R&D activities in electronics design and development, testing and troubleshooting. Assists with production line fixture design, bring-up, documentation, training, and design transfer activities.
· Works closely with electrical, software and mechanical engineers to build, troubleshoot and test prototype electromechanical systems, test fixtures, and assist with design transfer to manufacturing and assembly line bring-up.
· Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
· Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
· Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
· Troubleshoots hardware system boards, including micro controllers and data acquisition systems
· Builds & verifies perf board circuits.
· Hand solder/repair/rework circuit boards.
· Able to operate a variety of electronic test equipment including power supplies, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, DVMs, etc.
· Performs general lab and equipment maintenance.
Associates Degree, Electronics Technician certification, plus a minimum of five years’ related experience.
Medical device manufacturing preferred.