Supports R&D in electronics product development, testing, troubleshooting, and documentation.
· Works closely with electrical, software and mechanical engineers to build, troubleshoot, test, and fixture prototype electromechanical systems.
· Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
· Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
· Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
· Troubleshoots circuit boards to component level.
· Familiar with basic test equipment such as power supply, oscilloscope, DVM.
· Understanding of basic electronics related mathematics.
· Builds & verifies breadboard and prototype circuits from schematics.
· Ability to inspect, and rework (solder, de-solder) small electronic components.
· Performs general lab and equipment maintenance
· Preferred experience with Orcad Schematic Capture and Mentor Graphics PADS layout software
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
· Design - Generates creative solutions; uses feedback to modify designs; demonstrates attention to detail
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
· Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
· Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
· Written Communication - Presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information. Capable of authoring process instructions and training assemblers and operators.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; able to work effectively as part of a team.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Dependability -Follows instructions, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work
· Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
· Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; well organized
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
· Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.